At long last, we’re able to let you know that our Sunday morning children’s groups will be re-starting on Sunday 5th September.
Here is all the information you and your family will need if you’re planning on coming along:
As with our adult meetings, we’ll need you to book in for the children’s groups if you’d like your child to join the session. You can book for the Sunday service as usual, by clicking here. Click on the link for the coming Sunday and you’ll find a booking form. You’ll notice there is an option to add a child ticket to your booking. Please include any information our team may need to be aware of about your child in the notes section of your booking – eg. Allergies, intolerances, or anything you feel we should know.
We have grouped the children into coloured groups as follows:
Yellow Under 3s, Green 3-5yrs, Red P1-P3, Blue P4 – P7. If you also have a child in another group, you’ll receive this information separately.
- The children will be registered online with your booking.
- Children in the Yellow group (under 3s) will be dropped off via the outside door to the room – so head round to the left of the building as you face the building and a member of our team will be there to greet you and your child.
- Children in all Green, Red and Blue groups from (Nursery to P7) will go into the meeting for the initial worship time.
- Following the second song the children will go to the back of the hall and gather with the leaders who will take them up to their group. There will be a coloured flag that will help the children to identify which leader they go to.
- If your child needs you to come with them initially to the group please wear a mask and socially distance.
- Parents and carers of children in the Yellow group will be notified on the main screen when to collect their child (towards the end of the meeting).
- The children in the older groups will be brought down to the hall by the leaders during the final song.
- On the first Sunday of each month, the children will come down earlier or will need to be collected from the Yellow room, in order to join the adults for Communion.
- Please do not leave the hall until your child has reconnected with you.
- Please encourage your child to go to the toilet before the meeting begins.
- If you have a young child who needs help going to the toilet during the session, you will be fetched to help them OR a member of our team will assist them WITH YOUR PERMISSION.
- If an older child needs the toilet an adult volunteer will show them where to go and wait outside before accompanying them back to the group.
The arrangements will be kept under review as we work together for a smooth transition back to the groups.
We hope your child will enjoy the group, make friends and learn lots this year.
Please talk to them about what they are learning and give us feedback on what is working or not working for your child.
We still need a few more volunteers to cover the rota fully so if you have not yet considered joining the team it is not too late.
If you have any questions or need any more information then please contact Anne Davey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth – looking for info about our Youth group? Click here.