What do Sundays look like for Kids?
The kids groups run during our morning meeting for children aged 15 months to 11yrs. The children explore Bible stories, sing songs, play games and do craft activities.
Here is all the information you and your family will need if you’re planning on coming along:
As with our adult meetings, we’ll need you to book in for the children’s groups if you’d like your child to join the session. You can book for the Sunday service as usual, by clicking the button below.
Click on the link for the coming Sunday and you’ll find a booking form. You’ll notice there is an option to add a child ticket to your booking. Please include any information our team may need to be aware of about your child in the notes section of your booking – eg. Allergies, intolerances, or anything you feel we should know.
We have grouped the children into coloured groups as follows:
Yellow Confident walkers under 3yrs
Blue P4 – P7.
Children not yet old enough for yellow group are welcome to stay in the hall for the service, but if at any point you need a little extra room for nursing or playing, we have a family room available. (With play boxes and live feed to the meeting).
To find the family room, leave the main hall and go through the double doors on the left hand side (as you face the sea-side of the building). The Family Room is the last door on the right at the end of this corridor. A member of the welcome team can direct you if needed!
- The children will be registered online with your booking.
- Children in the Yellow group (under 3s) will be dropped off via the outside door to the room – so head round to the left of the building as you face the building and a member of our team will be there to greet you and your child.
- Children in all Green, Red and Blue groups from (Nursery to P7) will go into the meeting for the initial worship time.
- Following the second song the children will go to the back of the hall and gather with the leaders who will take them up to their group. There will be a coloured flag that will help the children to identify which leader they go to.
- If your child needs you to come with them initially to the group please wear a mask and socially distance.
- Parents and carers of children in the Yellow group will be notified on the main screen when to collect their child (towards the end of the meeting).
- The children in the older groups will be brought down to the hall by the leaders during the final song.
- On the first Sunday of each month, the children will come down earlier or will need to be collected from the Yellow room, in order to join the adults for Communion.
- Please do not leave the hall until your child has reconnected with you.
- Please encourage your child to go to the toilet before the meeting begins.
- If you have a young child who needs help going to the toilet during the session, you will be fetched to help them OR a member of our team will assist them WITH YOUR PERMISSION.
- If an older child needs the toilet an adult volunteer will show them where to go and wait outside before accompanying them back to the group.
The arrangements will be kept under review as we work together for a smooth transition back to the groups. We hope your child will enjoy their time in our Sunday groups, make friends and learn lots! Please talk to them about what they are learning and give us feedback on what is working or not working for your child. If you have any questions or need any more information then please contact Anne Davey: email@example.com
Interested in joining the team?
Being part of our children’s team is an absolute privilege and a fantastic opportunity to see God at work in the lives of our youngest. If you’d like to find out more about joining the team then click the link below.
Youth – looking for info about our Youth group?
Click on the link below: