First Time Here?
Going along anywhere for the first time can be scary, we have all been there! Here at Kings, we aim to do everything we can to make sure you feel comfortable and welcome.
When you arrive at Kings you will be welcomed by members of our welcome team. The team can be spotted by their ‘Welcome Team’ lanyards.
The welcome team are there to answer any questions, help you find a seat or just have a chat. If they don’t have the answer to your question they will help you find someone who does!
Time: The service starts at 10:30am but the building is open from 10:15. We normally finish around 12:00pm so you can be home to cook the Sunday Lunch in time!
Address: 196 Seacliff Road, Bangor, BT29 5HA (on the corner of Seacliff Road and Ward Avenue)
Parking: There is plenty of on street parking directly outside the building and more free parking further down Seacliff Road
Dress Code: We have no dress code and most people tend to dress casually. Wear whatever you are comfortable in.
Additional Details: We have no fixed seating so please sit wherever you like. A member of the welcome team would be glad to guide you to a seat.
If you have children, you can register them for our kids programme before the service begins. The registration table is right beside the main entrance to the hall.
Our building is accessible for wheelchair-users. Please speak to a member of the team at the front door and they will be happy to help you.
A regular Sunday service runs as follows: –
- The service starts at 10:30 with a period of singing, which is led by the band from the stage. We generally stand during this time but sitting is fine too. The words are on the screens either side of the stage so are easily visible and you don’t have to find songs in a hymn book.
- Singing is followed by announcements where we detail any happenings such as upcoming events etc.
- Following this there is a chance to give to God’s work by contributing to the offering. The baskets are passed along the rows. If you are new, don’t feel any pressure to give. You can simply pass the basket on to the person beside you.
- (While the offering is being taken, the kids leave for our kids programme. After dropping them off, come back into the main hall.)
- The service continues with a talk, which is usually delivered by Glen, our Lead Pastor. Check out the rest of the site to see what our current series is.
- We finish the service with a response time after the talk. This consists of some more singing, led by the band. There is the opportunity to have somebody on the prayer team pray with you (situated at the side, wearing lanyards) in relation to anything, not just related to the talk.
- Once the service is over there is tea and coffee served and most people stick around for a while.
We would love to meet you at the Welcome Area which is situated at the back of the hall beside the door. Benefits of the Welcome Area include a Welcome Pack which gives you a bit more information about who we are as well as VIP fast track coffee/tea!